Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Butler
- Day to day running of the property to maintain standards and efficiency.
- Maintaining care and inventory of the household inventory, including wine cellar, storage areas, fine china, crystal, artwork, and special collections.
- Supervision of the household staff and working along, as needed.
- Managing the gentleman’s wardrobe.
- Packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Table and drink service, both formal and informal.
- Regular shopping and errands.
- Event planning and onsite presence, as needed.
- Chauffeur duties, as needed.
- Answering the door, greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Supervise trades, vendors, and contractors.
- Searching information on internet and managing email correspondence.
- Managing the household e-calendar (Outlook).
- Other duties assigned from time to time:
- It is not possible to identify all the duties and responsibilities required for this position. As with any such role, the main goal is to perform/coordinate all necessary tasks to maintain the household’s standards. The butler will be expected to take on other duties and responsibilities not specified above, as required, on an occasional or on-going basis.
- Proven success in a similar role with 5+ years experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Comfortable with and able to adapt to change.
- Ability to think on your feet, be creative and tremendously resourceful.
- Professionalism, discretion and confidentiality critical.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Flexible schedule, available outside of regular working hours.
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic team environment.
- Self-driven, outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work weekends, if required.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must like children.
- Must like pets (dogs and cats).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Smoke-Free environment.
Job Additional Information
- Live out.
- Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- House car available for work duties.
- Accessible by public transportation.
- Full health and dental benefits after 3 months.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.
Job posting reference # 1496 – Butler