Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Housekeeper
- The House Cleaner be responsible for the overall care and appearance of three (3) residences owned by the same extended family members by being responsive to the employer’s specifications whilst keeping utmost discretion and confidentiality.
- Performing general house cleaning duties such as; vacuuming, dusting, mopping the floors, etc.
- Maintaining care of all household inventory (e.g. artwork & other special collections).
- Daily tidying of the house and putting items away.
- Trash and recycling management.
- Cleaning dishes, including loading and emptying the dishwasher, putting away dishes, hand washing pots, pans and dishes that don’t go in the dishwasher, etc.
- Managing the laundry on a daily/weekly basis including; washing of clothes, linens & towels, ironing, folding clothing and placing in closets and washing (handwashing) delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and tidy rooms daily.
OTHER HOUSEHOLD DUTIES
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Packing, unpacking and transportation of suitcases.
- Supervision of the contractors when they come to the residence.
- Occasional assistance with private events.
- Occasional looking after the children for a few hours in the absence of the parents.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Always keep a professional demeanor, be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30 lbs to 50 lbs).
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Strong English communication skills (verbal).
- Energetic with a strong work ethic.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like children.
- Smoke-free environment.
Competitive salary, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Live out.
- Work days: Monday to Thursday & Saturday.
- Work hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (flexibility required).
- Accessible by public transportation.
- No group insurance plan/benefit provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.