Responsibilities may be very different from one household to another depending on the formality level and the employer's lifestyle.
WHAT IS A GROOM?
Here's a common description of this profession:
- Takes care of daily routine for the horses.
- Spends a lot of time with the animals as well as taking orders from the barn manager, foreman, trainer or trainers assistant.
- Works in coordination with the veterinary and farrier and follows supplement and medication schedule.
- This position benefits from a firm knowledge of horses and may require a high school diploma, but beyond that no formal schooling is required.
- Report to the Stable Manager, House Manager or the Executive Personal Assistant.
Salary range: $27,000 to $32,000+
To view all available jobs, click here.